Ned is a highly regarded lawyer with over 35 years' experience in property and finance law and general commercial advice.
Ned (previously head of Hunt & Hunt’s Commercial and Property Group in Sydney) handles complex transactions, and commercial contracts, including the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial, residential and strata title real estate, and primary production land. He is regularly retained as an expert witness in property related litigation.
Other areas of expertise include Stamp Duty and GST issues relating to land and commercial transactions, retail leasing, contracts for vendors ‘off the plan’, joint venture/partnership agreements and acquisitions of business.
Ned was recognised in the AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers survey as one of the most highly recommended Asia Pacific focused lawyers in Australia in Construction and Property.
He frequently lectures and chairs at legal education seminars.
Ned's work includes:
- NSW Department of Education & Communities, Legal Division - disposal of assets, leases and licences; advice on commercial agreements the department plans to enter within Australia and overseas
- Council of the City of Sydney - acquisitions, sales and leasing of real estate including the Green Square town plan area
- Boral Limited - Project deed for the disposal of a large former quarry site in western Sydney including tender for sale, community title subdivision, release and granting of easements, sale of the property, dealing with water rights and Sydney Water Corporation being a five year project
- Fasako Pty Limited - matters relating to the development of a 6 story building in Chinatown including all leasing
- Carrington Group - joint venture agreements, construction contracts, project arrangements, off the plan sales for projects in Sydney and regional NSW
- William Inglis & Sons Limited - loans and securities including stock mortgages
- Suncorp Metway - agribusiness loans and other loans