Ned is a
highly regarded lawyer with over 35 years' experience in property, finance and
Ned advises clients involved in complex property transactions and leasing arrangements.
Ned works with clients on projects in the retail, commercial, residential, strata title, 'off-the-plan' and primary production real estate areas.
Clients also consult Ned in relation to commercial contracts concerning issues such as marketing and advertising arrangements, third party contracts and licensing arrangements, joint venture/partnership agreements and acquisitions of businesses.
Ned was recognised in the AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers survey as one of the most highly recommended Asia Pacific focused lawyers in Australia in Construction and Property. Ned frequently presents and chairs at legal education seminars. Ned was formerly head of the firm's national Commercial and Property Group.
In advising clients Ned is often required to provide specialist advice in relation to stamp duty and GST (goods and services tax) issues. He is regularly retained as an expert witness in property related litigation.
Ned's work includes:
- NSW Department of Education & Communities, Legal Division – advising on disposal of assets, leases and licences; advice on commercial agreements including arrangements the Department plans to enter within Australia and overseas
- Council of the City of Sydney – advising on acquisitions, sales and leasing of real estate including the Green Square town plan area
- Boral Limited – Advising in negotiations and settling documents for the disposal and redevelopment of a former quarry site in western Sydney. This involved preparing documents for tender for sale arrangements, the project deed, community title subdivision, release and granting of easements, sale of the property, issues regarding water rights and Sydney Water Corporation and other arrangements for the five year project
- Fasako Pty Limited – Advising on all matters relating to the development and leasing of a six story building in Chinatown, Sydney.
- Carrington Group – Advising in negotiations and drafting joint venture agreements, construction contracts, project agreements, off the plan sales contracts for projects in Sydney and regional NSW
- William Inglis & Sons Limited – Advising in relation to loans and securities including stock mortgages
- Suncorp Metway – Advising in relation to agribusiness and other loan arrangements.