Michael’s insight into legal issues affecting the property industry, particularly agribusiness, enables him to deliver a comprehensive legal solution to his clients.
A particular specialty of Michael’s is property transactions, where he enjoys helping his clients with the sale and purchase of rural, residential and commercial properties such as offices, shops and factories, then assisting with their leasing. A brief summary of Michael’s key skills is provided below.
- Acquiring and selling businesses, for instance establishing corporate structures to acquire commercial property
- Providing commercial advice to a Hunter Valley winery covering export issues
- Helping international clients with their Australian operations by liaising with their lawyers overseas and negotiating and acquiring real estate.
- Drafting sponsorship contracts for sporting clients and local clubs
Establishing trusts or other corporate vehicles to control the business arrangements of many property and rural companies
Advising and negotiating on deeds of guarantee and indemnity
Negotiating and then acting on the acquisition of partnership interests in property joint ventures
- Dissolving partnerships and associated administration
Assisting clients with disciplinary matters before the Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Companies Auditors and Liquidators Board
Liaising and negotiating with ASIC to resolve statutory law breaches.