As an accredited specialist in business law, Bill’s expertise includes 25 Years of commercial contracts, franchising, Australian Consumer Law and transport law.
A well developed appreciation of pertinent issues in property and business law are the invaluable skills that Bill brings to all matters. Currently head of our national property group, Bill is only one of 14 accredited specialists in commercial tenancy law in Victoria.
Handling complex, large-scale commercial property transactions is a regular task at which he is a master, including advising on:
- Purchase and development of a former manufacturing facility in Hawthorn for a Bunnings Warehouse
- Purchase of a former soap factory site in Richmond and development into 140 apartments
- Coordinating the purchase of water rights in the Murray Darling Basin for the Department of the Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (SEWPaC)
- Purchase of a Toorak Road, South Yarra bank building and development into 290 apartments and retail areas
- Purchase of a site and redevelopment into 120 apartments and retail areas.
A leasing specialist, with knowledge covering every state, Bill regularly provides expert evidence in leasing disputes, and has acted for a national retailer with 130 stores in Australia.
As an accredited specialist in business law, Bill’s expertise includes commercial contracts, franchising, Australian Consumer Law and transport law. For 25 years, Bill has assisted the largest ASX listed national transport company in Australia on a wide variety of commercial issues including contracts with customers, property acquisitions, subcontractor arrangements, risk management and compliance.
Bill is also a lawyer for the Victorian Ski Association, Mt Buller Ratepayers Association and Hotham Ski Association.
Highly regarded for practical estate and asset protection planning advice, his many clients, including Reckon/Espreon clients, regularly refer to Bill for advise about: business structures, the drafting of trust deeds, superannuation deeds, shareholder and unitholder agreements, and the taxation aspects of business structures, sales and purchases.