With over 25 years experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, Charles has built a solid reputation for delivering commercially decisive and cost-effective results.
As head of our national insolvency and debt recovery practice, Charles has a strong track record in litigating insolvency matters for both secured and unsecured creditors and for debtors. He is also an expert in the practice and procedure of the Federal, Supreme, District and Federal Magistrates Courts.
Despite his proven litigation skills, Charles is acutely aware that, at times, mediations and negotiations will achieve far more successful outcomes for his clients.
A key benefit Charles brings his clients is his strong relationships with many accountancy firms and liquidators, and his widespread, practical experience of acting on various corporate insolvency and personal bankruptcy matters under the Corporations Act and Bankruptcy Act.
The diverse application of his litigation skills has seen Charles expertly litigate in many other areas, including trade practices, contracts, banking and finance, intellectual property, equity and property.
Some of Charles’ clients have included:
- The Directors of the MG Rover Group in the company's administration and subsequent deed of company arrangement
- A major creditor of the King Brothers Business group, recovering its debt exposure
- ANZ Banking Group Limited in a major claim of fraud against the bank
- Macquarie Bank Limited in the receivership of a property development company and in the development and sale of residential units
- A leading motor vehicle dealer in a trade practices claim against Daimler Chrysler for misleading and deceptive conduct
- Australian Taxation Office where he has been ultimately responsible for in excess of 2000 debt litigation matters.