The speed and accuracy with which David assesses the matters placed before him is testament to his over 25 years’ experience in employment and workplace relations law.
His skills are successfully applied across industries and he represents clients in a diverse sectors from manufacturing, health, local government and community services, to education, transport, retail, entertainment and building and construction. In fact, his approachable, friendly manner sees him selected as client relationship manager for many of Hunt & Hunt’s legal panel appointments, including the Fair Work Ombudsman.
His diverse range of skills keeps David in high demand including advising on:
- Implementing workplace change
- Employment – recruitment issues, pre-employment procedures, employment contracts, enterprise agreements, disciplinary action and dismissals, defending dismissal general protections litigation at Fair Work Commission and with the courts
- Minimum terms and conditions of employment · Executive entry and exit strategies
- Industrial relations – industrial disputes, dispute litigation at Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court negotiating enterprise agreements with unions
- Occupational health and safety – advice following major workplace accidents, injury management and strategy, policies, training and defending WorkSafe prosecution proceedings
- Equal opportunity – policies, policy training, investigating complaints and defending claims lodged with relevant tribunals and courts
- Workers compensation – general claims advice and employer obligations
- Transfer of business
Specific client work has included:
- Providing tailored training to managers and staff at numerous businesses on areas of need, including discrimination and bullying, occupational health and safety, risk management, performance management and disciplinary action, Workcover system and enterprise bargaining/industrial action
- Arranging workplace investigations into a myriad of employment and management issues
- Defending prosecutions for underpayments issued by unions and acting for the Fair Work Ombudsman in similar proceedings
- Strategic advice on hot issues currently occurring in the workplace, including bullying and social media