Jill has over 20 years' experience advising leading Australian and international banks, corporations and equity funds. She delivers thoughtful legal advice backed by solid business and industry knowledge.
Banking and finance
Jill's experience in banking and finance law extends beyond most types of finance transactions including corporate finance, project finance, property finance and infrastructure finance. She acts for both financial institutions and corporate borrowers in syndicated and bilateral arrangements as well as providing clients with general banking regulatory advice.
Corporate and commercial
Jill's experience in corporate and commercial law includes advising clients on transactional and regulatory matters under the Corporations Act and the Trade Practices Act. This includes acquisitions and divestments, capital raisings and funds management as well as the preparation of joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements and general commercial contracts.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for State Bank of India in relation to various syndicated refinancings by a multinational group, in excess of USD$375 million
- Advising Hong Kong-based companies in relation to prospectus and capital raising requirements
- Acting for a major national Transport Group in relation to its divestment of courier and transport businesses in New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia
- Acting in relation to the divestment of a coal mining business in New South Wales to overseas buyers for $30million
- Acting for a NZ-based capital venture consortium in relation to the purchase of several pine and tree plantations.