Andrew provides comprehensive, robust and tax effective estate and succession planning advice. He also provides tax advice in a broad range of areas for private clients, small and medium enterprises and legal personal representatives of deceased estates.
Andrew has practised as a lawyer since 2011 in wills, estate planning and taxation and is a Chartered Taxation Adviser of The Tax Institute. Andrew is client-focused and strives to deliver clear and commercial legal advice.
Andrew's experience includes:
- Developing estate and succession plans for clients with a wide range of circumstances
- Providing clients with advice on trust law issues including the control of trusts, tax effectiveness of trusts and ATO compliance requirements for trusts to stream capital gains and franking credits
- Providing advice to and assisting clients in estate disputes
- Preparing and lodging private ruling applications with the ATO and SRO
- Resolving disputes with the ATO and SRO through making submissions and objections to tax reviews and audits, and participating in negotiations and settlement meetings.
In addition to Andrew's previous private practice experience, prior to joining Hunt & Hunt, he worked at State Trustees and the ATO gaining a broad perspective and an appreciation of the importance of having a comprehensive estate and succession plan.