Arie is a highly valued member of our Environment and Planning Group. His strong analytical and research skills ensure he frequently assists in the preparation and attendance in cases for the NSW Land & Environment Court.
With a strong interest in town planning matters, Arie is currently completing a Masters in Urban and Regional Planning. Prior to joining Hunt & Hunt, he completed his year of practical legal training at the Environmental Defender's Office. Arie's experience includes working on the following areas of law:
- Development applications, planning and consent, including work on or in opposition to projects under the former Part 3A , Part 4 and Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979;
- Interpretation and application of Environmental Planning Instruments;
- Water, air and noise pollution under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997;
- Threatened species law, under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Act 1999
- Class 3 compulsory appeals to the Land & Environment Court of NSW;
- Natural, cultural and built heritage dealt with under the Heritage Act 1977;
- Tree disputes dealt with under the Trees (Disputes between neighbours) Act 2006;
- Liquor licensing issues under the Liquor Act 2007.
- Public access to information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009; and
- The treatment of Ecologically Sustainable Development by the Land and Environment Court.