Lynne is special counsel at Hunt & Hunt in the area of commercial law with a focus on customs and international trade.
Lynne has worked as a commercial lawyer for nearly 10 years and has a particular range of expertise in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets having worked for a number of years at a boutique firm. Lynne has worked on a range of complex commercial transactions and is experienced in structuring commercial deals, undertaking large scale legal due diligence, negotiating and documenting commercial agreements and implementing and executing transactions.
More recently, Lynne has developed a particular expertise in the area of customs and international trade. Lynne has provided legal services to all parties involved with industry, including importers, exporters and customs brokers. Lynne provides advice covering all aspects of trade including contractual arrangements, inquiries and prosecutions by Customs and other Government agencies in relation to alleged underpayments of Customs duty, dumping, tariff classification of goods and the like. Lynne has been involved in a range of judicial and administrative law reviews of the actions of various Government agencies.
Some of Lynne's recent experience includes:
- acting on behalf of clients in matters before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal regarding decisions of Customs, including regarding tariff classification and use of Tariff Concession Orders; acting for a national company in respect of an investigation into alleged dumping of goods from China and other Asian countries;
- multiple acquisitions for Australian subsidiaries of a UK listed company, including both share and asset acquisitions, including undertaking legal due diligence, reviewing and advising on financial due diligence, drafting and negotiating the sale and purchase agreements, reviewing finance arrangements and facilitating completion
- advising on completion arrangements for a complex infrastructure bond
- advising on retention of title and PPSA issues in respect of liens over goods
- advising a public company in relation to issues arising with minority shareholders, including amendments to its Constitution and a range of technical Corporations Act issues regarding the transfer of shares;
- drafting deeds of guarantee for an Australian subsidiary of a listed company;
- assisting a client in the establishment of an incorporated association;
- ASX listing of a company with a market cap of $40M including substantive and complex legal due diligence on the corporate group.
Lynne regularly provides training and seminars to clients and contributes to commentary on the changes to legislation and the industry.