Drew is a Senior Associate with over 16 years’ experience in a range of private practice areas, with the previous five years spent predominantly in the corporate/commercial areas, particularly M&A.
Drew specialises in providing advice to clients on all aspects of negotiating and completing M&A transactions; all manner of commercial agreements. and he develops strategies to deal with the various hurdles which can arise in these complex transactions. He also advises on all aspects of estate planning (including wills, trusts and enduring powers of attorney), drawing upon his private practice experience as well as his experience with major Victorian trustee company, State Trustees.
His specific experience includes:
- corporate mergers and acquisitions, structuring and advice (involving asset sales, share sales and unit sales), including several major transactions involving international parties
- capital raisings for ASX listed entities, including ASIC and ASX compliance and disclosure requirements
- financial services compliance and general ASIC regulatory compliance
- shareholder, unit-holder and partnership agreements and disputes
- trusts, joint ventures and business structuring arrangements
- franchising, intellectual property licensing, maintenance and support agreements
- general commercial advice and preparing tailored commercial agreements including manufacturing agreements, distribution/supply agreements, licence agreements, service agreements, terms and conditions of trade
- insolvency and reconstruction
- sports law, including sponsorship, competition licensing and player endorsement agreements
- estate and succession planning, trust advice and structuring, personal and business asset protection, complex wills and powers of attorney.