For over 20years, Frank’s clients have enjoyed his commitment to providing commercially focused and responsive advice both nationally and internationally.
A member of our corporate practice group, Frank’s clients include both foreign corporations doing business in Australia, and Australian companies doing business overseas, particularly in Asia.
Frank applies his corporate and commercial law expertise to support his clients through potential acquisitions and investments, due diligence work, joint ventures, negotiating and documenting commercial transactions, drafting distribution and sponsorship agreements and many other contracts, and licensing intellectual property. He also provides general legal and business advice to major manufacturers and trading houses.
Frank’s practical experience of work in China has also meant that the legal documentation has covered the crucial regulatory, tax and other practical issues and also is drafted in plain English, which assists both sides in understanding, translating and negotiating. His ability to utilise the resources of Hunt & Hunt’s Shanghai office efficiently and quickly has assisted in our understanding and dealing with many complex issues, including being able to find out useful information from the right level in the various bureaucracies.
Some examples of Frank’s work include acting for an Australian corporation selling its business to a foreign corporation; protecting an Australian corporation’s intellectual property when moving offshore; helping a leading Australian university enter into a joint venture in Asia; advising a Japanese corporation acquiring an automotive business; and a Thai corporation setting up a new business in Australia.His specific experience includes:
- Joint Ventures – teaming, strategic alliance and collaboration agreements
- Intellectual Property – registration/protection, licensing, sharing (background and foreground), branding arrangements, R&D contracts
- International – Establishment of off-shore business structures (joint ventures, wholly foreign owned enterprises, representative offices), doing business off-shore, compliance, repatriation of profits, international Trade
- Trading Terms – Conditions of sale and purchase – domestic, international, E-commerce, capital equipment, equipment leasing
- Corporate/Business Advisory – mergers, share buy backs, share issues, restructuring corporations, securities, cross-guarantees, trade practices and competition law
- Distribution – distribution, dealership and franchise agreements
- Service agreements –technical assistance agreements, confidentiality, market development allowance arrangements, co-operative education projects, sponsorship, active events management, talent agreements, TV production rights, vending machines, maintenance agreements, tolling agreements, co-manufacturing, design and construct and trade promotions
- Risk management – minimisation, transfer of risk, Directors and Officers liability, template agreements
- Compliance/regulatory advice – ACCC, Franchising Code, Corporations Act, FIRB, privacy, other.
Frank is a regular presenter at industry forums on commercial legal developments, compliance, contracting and often prepares training and manuals for his clients, including seminars.