Gisella is a Special Counsel with over 15+years’ experience in employment and workplace relations spanning the major changes in workplace relations laws in Australia.
Gisella specialises in providing advice to employers in a wide range of industries on all aspects of the employment relationship, from formation to termination. Her breadth of experience and expertise covers recruitment issues;contracts of employment;industrial awards and agreements;enterprise bargaining;bullying, discrimination;adverse action; and termination of employment.
Gisella also specialises in advising employers on the employment aspects of major workplace changes such as restructures, redundancies, mergers and acquisitions and outsourcing. Her practice includes developing strategies to deal with the introduction and implementation of change.
Gisella understands and is responsive to the needs of her clients.She provides sound and tailored advice and formulates effective and commercial strategies for dealing with workplace disputes. She also offers pro-active strategies to minimise the risk of problems and disputes in the workplace. Gisella enjoys working with her clients to achieve desired outcomes and has built many longstanding and trusted client relationships over the years.
Gisella’sspecific experience includes:
- drafting and advice on contracts of employment and policies and procedures
- drafting and advice on enterprise agreements including enterprise bargaining and the implementation of enterprise agreements
- advice on employee entitlements under the National Employment Standards, modern awards, enterprise agreements and transitional instruments ·
- advising on parental leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements and associated discrimination issues
- advice to employers on responding to complaints about workplace bullying and other inappropriate workplace conduct
- advising employers on the introduction of major workplace change including compliance with consultation obligations, transfer of business rules, genuine redundancies and termination entitlements
- advice to employers on obligations to ill or injured workers
- advising on the enforceability of post-employment restraints
- advice on independent contractor arrangements including drafting contractor agreements
- undertaking employment related legal due diligence of small, medium and large businesses
- advice to vendors and purchasers on employment obligations on the transfer of business and post- acquisition integration issues
- acting for employers in unfair dismissal, adverse action, discrimination, sexual harassment and common law claims
- presenting seminars and providing training to clients on employment issues including appropriate workplace behaviour, workplace bullying and ‘hot topics’
- Internship with the Australian Industrial Relations Commission.