With a pragmatic approach to dealing with complex issues and a deep understanding of culture and legal differences between Australia and China, Jing is noted for securing great outcomes for her clients.
Jing has predominantly practised in litigation and commercial law and has strong experience in litigious and advisory work, including defamation; complex/large scale commercial litigation; and debt recovery matters; as well as acquisition of commercial properties.
Jing has also represented clients in investigations conducted by various government bodies, including the Department of Justice and the State Revenue Office.
As a highly intuitive litigator, Jing has constantly achieved positive outcomes for her clients.
Jing speaks Mandarin and has a deep understanding of Chinese culture in doing business. She is able to provide bilingual legal advice.
Significant matters Jing has assisted her clients with include:
- Acted against a public company in a shareholders dispute. The case was settled on terms favourable to the client.
- Acted for a renowned Chinese media group in a defamation proceeding. The case was resolved after an urgent application was listed.
- Acted for a we-media platform in a defamation proceeding. The case was settled on terms favourable to the client.
$100 million financing facility
- Advised a major shopping centre client on a $100 million financing facility.
- Advised a master-planned community developer on legal due diligence relating to a land subdivision project.