Joanne is a Senior Associate in the property team in Victoria, with a focus on wills, succession planning, estates and estate litigation. She has over 18 years’ experience in the legal industry after starting her career with a boutique specialist wills and estates firm.
Joanne assists individuals, families, trustees and trustee companies in all aspects of the estate planning, administration and litigation processes. Having worked in a boutique firm, Joanne is sensitive to the needs of her private clients and takes a pragmatic approach to achieve the best outcome for them.
Joanne’s specific expertise includes:
- the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, including discretionary testamentary trust wills
- succession planning and advice for high net-worth clients and clients with complex financial structures
- advising clients with difficult family situations, including blended families, disabled beneficiaries and estrangements
- advising about capacity issues
- preparation of applications for probate and letters of administration, including complex applications such as proving informal wills, copy wills and Hertel applications
- reseals of foreign grants of representation
- estate administration
- family provision claims, both for plaintiffs and defendants
- estate disputes
- superannuation death benefit claims.
In addition to her wills and estates expertise, Joanne has also practised in property and commercial law, including conveyancing, sales and purchases of small business, and retail leasing.