With over 30 years’ experience in the legal profession, Kylie specialises in property and development law, particularly in property development projects and the divestment, acquisition and leasing of domestic, retail and commercial property.
Kylie commenced her career in a firm practising in many areas of law and has gained a range of practical skills and experience which allows her to tailor any advice and provide assistance to a wide range of clients.
Kylie’s previous experience in litigation allows her to assist clients with any contractual and tenancy disputes which may arise, always striving to find the best commercial approach and outcome to the dispute.
Kylie has worked for a range of clients including, NSW government agencies, a listed corporation, international and domestic property groups, private developers, local councils, a major retail shopping centre owner, a reputed franchisor with retail premises around Australia, private clients and not-for-profit organisations.
Kylie has extensive experience acting in property related matters including:
- stream leasing on behalf of NSW government agencies including variations, assignments, deeds of surrender, subleases and licences;
- divestment and sale of real property assets on behalf of NSW government agencies;
- the development, sale, leasing and licensing of medical facilities in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia;
- due diligence for the acquisition of development sites by developers;
- the acquisition, development, land subdivision and off-the-plan sale of residential, strata and community land and mixed-use developments for private developers, international and domestic property groups;
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts for sale; put and call options; call options;
- retail and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants;
- managing leasing portfolios for a major retail shopping centre owner;
- the acquisition and divestment of residential, rural and commercial property;
- drafting and negotiating commercial and retail leases (including disclosure statements), agreements for lease, variations, incentive deeds, assignments of lease, deeds of surrender, make good deeds, subleases and car parking licences and storage licences;
- acting in relation to land acquisition under the Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991 (NSW) by way of owner-initiated and compulsory process;
- the creation and extinguishment of legal and/or equitable interest in land including easements, covenants and restrictions as to user;
- advisory work in matters relating to easements, covenants and restrictions as to user.