Nick is a member of the firm’s property and commercial term.
Since joining the firm in 2016, Nick has acted on behalf of a variety of state government agencies, local companies and institutions and private clients in relation to a diverse range of property transactions. He also assists clients with commercial and contractual matters.
Nick’s experience includes:
- Acquiring and disposing of commercial, industrial, residential and strata real estate;
- Leasing of commercial, industrial and retail properties including agreements for lease;
- Advising on strata scheme by-laws and drafting special-use by-laws;
- Telecommunications leasing on behalf of a state government agency, together with advising on both the operation of the Government Telecommunications Act 2018 (NSW) and the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth);
- General property matters including advising in relation to and the drafting of easements, restrictions on use of land, covenants together with advising legacy issues such as title rectifications and public road dedications;
- Agreements in support of construction works including crane swinging and rock anchor licences and works funding agreements;
- Advising on land tax assessment notices and more generally the Land Tax Management Act 1956 (NSW);
- Acquiring and disposing of business interests in pharmacies on behalf of pharmacy partners;
- Advising on and enforcing of reverse mortgages under the National Credit Code;
- Preparing wills, powers of attorney and appointment of enduring guardian documentation.
Nick has also been seconded to the New South Wales Land and Housing Corporation on two separate occasions, between February and March 2019 and May 2020 and January 2021.