We’re proud to be a supporter of this year’s Privacy Awareness Week (PAW).
PAW 2020 is about sharing information and practical tips that empower people to take control of their personal information. Running from 4 to 10 May, the theme ‘Reboot your privacy’ focuses on the steps we can all take to lock down our privacy settings and strengthen our passwords and other security controls.
It also encourages organisations and agencies across Australia to check our privacy controls and systems and consider the privacy alternatives as part of our efforts to keep personal information secure.
Your privacy is valuable to us, which is why we are a PAW 2020 supporter. To help you understand how we handle personal information, we:
- Have adopted routine training and refreshers for staff about handling personal information;
- Secure our systems through 2 Factor authentication; and
- Review our approaches to privacy and security on a regular basis.
You can get involved in PAW by discussing how to exercise more control over your personal information with the people around you. Here are some tips you can use today:
- Protect your identity by checking your privacy controls and settings and using strong and different passwords across your accounts
- Think before you share or check-in on social, and be careful posting your photos and location
- Your mobile phone and apps can track your online activity and your physical location, so consider when to switch off tracking
- Connected devices around the home like home assistants, toys, appliances and even your car can collect your personal information — check device settings and disconnect if you don’t need it to be online
- Watch out for online scams including phishing attacks — a key cause of personal data breaches — and don’t click on links in suspicious emails or texts
If you would like to know more about how we deal with privacy, or if you are interested in any advice from our privacy specialists, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +61 2 9391 3000