Binti has over 12 years experience in complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Her areas of significant expertise include corporate and personal insolvency, contractual disputes, consumer protection and proceedings under the Corporations Act.
Binti represents corporate clients based in Australia and internationally operating in a range of industries including manufacturing, telecommunications, transportation, pharmaceutical and telecommunications. Binti also provides advice to government departments and local councils.
Binti’s strengths include her ability to strategise and work efficiently in a high pressure environment, while maintaining a calm exterior and remaining responsive to her clients’ needs. Binti is a skilled advocate and has appeared as counsel in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Court of Australia and County Court of Victoria. Binti is also highly regarded for her negotiation skills.
Binti’s specific experience includes:
- successfully representing a German manufacturing company in proceedings against BHP in relation to a product liability claim
- instituting, and defending, proceedings under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) on behalf of insolvency practitioners and corporate clients, including unfair preference claims and voidable transaction claims
- acting for a major telecommunications service provider in proceedings instituted in the Supreme Court of NSW by a licensed carriage service provider involving claims of breach of contract and misleading and deceptive conduct
- representing a global transportation and logistics company in proceedings instituted against a national distribution company involving breach of contract and disclosure of confidential information
- appearing for the Australian Taxation Office in relation to bankruptcy and winding up proceedings
- acting for the liquidators of Watersun Homes, a large Victorian home builder, in relation to various aspects of their appointment.
Binti is passionate about promoting diversity and equality in the workplace, and is co-chairperson of the group Hunt & Hunt Woman Lawyers (Victoria), an initiative aimed at increasing the profile of our female practitioners.