Carol Baker has extensive experience working with various NSW State Government and Local Government entities. Carol’s work is predominantly in relation to infrastructure projects.
During the past 15 years, Carol’s practice has been focused toward advice and transactional work for various NSW Government entities, particularly with respect to public infrastructure projects. Carol’s experience includes advising and undertaking transactional work that involves joint venture arrangements with commercial organisations and/or local government entities.
Projects Carol has worked on include South West Rail, Parramatta Light Rail, Sydney Convention and Entertainment Precinct, Northern Sydney Freight Corridor Program, Inner West Light Rail Extension, Transport Access Program, Intercity Fleet Program, and the Northern Beaches B-Line Program.
Carol is currently advising on major projects concerning the construction of large floor space office accommodation for Government occupation, and the construction of a commercial structure within Government air space. This work involves significant documentation and negotiations with developers and other affected Government bodies concerning long term leasing arrangements.
Recent Experience Includes
- Drafting and negotiating agreements relating to the construction of public infrastructure, road dedications, leaseback arrangements, and ancillary arrangements.
- Voluntary compulsory acquisition agreements including compensation payments and releases.
- Commercial and greenacre property asset disposals of various types including leasehold and air space titles, either by tender or auction.
- Advices and drafting on complex easement and covenant matters, including relating to future large scale construction over rail corridors and easements for future redevelopment of Government infrastructure.
- Lease arrangements for public facilities between State Government authorities, and between State and Local Government bodies.
- Inter-governmental agreements for the management and maintenance of shared facilities.
- Research and advices regarding the repository of assets previously owned by Government bodies which had been abolished under statute.
- Crown Land advices and lengthy negotiations with City of Sydney with respect to subterranean construction works at Elizabeth Street and Museum Rail Station rail corridor.
- Advising a local government entity in relation to a major commercial development and requirements under the Voluntary Planning Agreement with the developer.
- Advising a State Government authority with respect to prospective management arrangements for a public asset by a local government authority.