The speed and accuracy with which David assesses the matters placed before him is testament to his 20+ years’ experience in employment and workplace relations law. His skills are successfully applied across a wide range of industry sectors, government and private organisations.
David has a strong reputation for working closely with organisations to assist them in successfully managing all manner of issues that arise within the employment relationship. He provides focused, considered and practical advice.
David is also Managing Principal of the Hunt & Hunt’s Melbourne office. He believes that managing your primary asset, your staff, is critical for any business in achieving the best outcomes. This leadership experience, developed over many years, provides clients with further insight when resolving employment and workplace relations issues for their respective organisations.
His diverse range of skills keeps David in high demand including advising on:
- implementing workplace change
- employment – pre-employment issues, employment contracts, enterprise agreements, disciplinary action and dismissals
- employment related litigation – defending all such litigation in the FairWork Commission and the courts
- executive entry and exit strategies
- industrial relations – industrial disputes, dispute litigation at Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court, negotiating enterprise agreements with unions
- occupational health and safety – advice following major workplace accidents, injury management and strategy, policies,
- training and defending WorkSafe prosecution proceedings
- equal opportunity – policies, policy training, investigating complaints and defending claims lodged with relevant tribunals and courts
- workers compensation – general claims advice and employer obligations
- transfer of business.
Specific client work has included:
- arranging workplace investigations into a myriad of employment and management issues- unlike many law firms, we do not conduct these ourselves. We commission them with independent experts and advise on outcomes.
- providing tailored training to managers and staff at numerous businesses on areas of need, including discrimination and bullying, occupational health and safety, risk management, performance management and disciplinary action, Workcover system and enterprise bargaining/industrial action
- defending prosecutions for underpayments issued by unions and acting for the Fair Work Ombudsman in similar proceedings
- strategic advice on hot issues currently occurring in the workplace, including bullying and social media.