Richard has 16 years post-admission experience as a lawyer, including working exclusively in employment and workplace relations for the past 12 years.
His clients include employers across all levels of government, as well as private corporate clients in a range of industries from health care to manufacturing to education.
Richard has worked predominantly in private legal practice, most recently with one of Australia’s most prominent employer representative bodies.
Richard has advised clients on a wide range of workplace issues and disputes, working closely with human resource managers and leadership teams to deliver pragmatic, business-focussed solutions.
His recent projects include:
- providing strategic advice to an employer about a planned organisational restructure, in relation to its obligations under relevant enterprise agreements and legislation, limiting the negative
- ramifications on productivity and culture, and preparing communications to the workforce and union representatives.
- representing a food manufacturer during an industrial dispute in the Fair Work Commission relating to plans to restructure production facilities.
- representing an employer during a two-day Fair Work Commission final hearing of an unfair dismissal claim, including all advocacy, all written submissions and preparation of pleadings and witness statements.
- conducting investigations into allegations of bullying and harassment.
- delivering training and seminar presentations on workplace relations case studies and strategies to manage long-term ill and injured workers.
- representing an employer in response to a WorkSafe investigation into a serious workplace incident.
- assisting an employer in the hospitality industry to respond to an investigation by the Fair Work Ombudsman.