Commencing practice with Culshaw Miller Lawyers in 1997 (formerly Marks and Sands Lawyers), Darren has fulfilled a number of management roles and currently heads the Commercial Group in Perth.
Darren is a property and commercial lawyer for a broad range of clients, within Australia and overseas. He is the Western Australian Board member of the Hunt & Hunt Legal Group, an international Legal Group.
Darren’s practice includes advising on:
- the sale and purchase of shares and businesses,
encompassing leasing and licensing issues;
- commercial matters generally;
- the sale and purchase of commercial and residential property;
- commercial and retail leasing;
- general corporate advice in relation to obligations and
liabilities of company directors;
- finance related issues in particular in respect of small commercial and private lenders;
- employment issues for employers and employees.
Darren also has over 10 years experience practicing in the area of commercial litigation and general dispute resolution, including insolvency.
He provides legal advice to clients on all aspects of liquidations and company administration, statutory demand procedures, recoveries on behalf of creditors and individuals, trade practices legislation, general litigation and dispute resolution.
He presented on the interaction between leases and caveats at the WA Property Law and Conveyancing Master Class for Lexis Nexus in 2006, and Employment issues in 2010.