Mary joined Hunt & Hunt as a Partner in 2011 having practiced for over 14 years in her areas of speciality. Mary has extensive experience in large scale commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
She provides complex legal advice to clients, including advice concerning shareholder disputes, joint venture disputes, trade practices and regulatory disputes, insolvency and bankruptcy issues and document retention.
Mary regularly issues and defends urgent injunctive proceedings on behalf of clients.
Mary has acted for major banks, finance companies, manufacturers and a broad range of corporations including ASX listed companies.
Mary's significant experience includes:
- acting on behalf of British American Tobacco Services Limited on appeal to the Court of Appeal and High Court in the Rolah Anne McCabe Case
- acting on behalf of a large financier in proceedings for breach of contract, misleading and deceptive conduct and unconscionable conduct made by a motor dealer
- acting on behalf of 169 class action claimants who had been mislead and deceived by an authorised financial services licensee of Financial Wisdom Ltd with a damages claim of $100 million
- acting on behalf of both listed and unlisted companies in relation to contractual disputes, trade practices disputes, intellectual property disputes, trade practices disputes and leasing disputes
- acting on behalf of a publicly listed company in proceedings brought by the Commonwealth alleging breaches of the Crimes Act and in particular defrauding the Commonwealth
- advising major banks and financiers on enforcement of securities, negotiating work outs, instituting proceedings for recovery of debts
- acting in relation to proceedings involving joint venture and property disputes
- acting for shareholders in relation to shareholders disputes and oppression proceedings
- acting on behalf of Falls Creek Resort Management Board and Mount Baw Baw Resort Management Board in relation to various commercial disputes.